e06: Everyone’s idea of success is different, their Why’s may not be your why. Once you discover your why it’s easy to decide what path will lead to that, with Dr. Nsima Usen.
Dr. Nsima Usen was told by a doctor, 22 years ago, while he was trying to do his landscaping job, that he is not allowed to enter the physician’s lounge of a suburban Washington DC hospital because “he is not a Doctor”.
This is his Story of how that challenge propelled him to become a Podiatry Foot & Ankle Surgeon. Dr. Nsima Usen shares for the first time his Nadvigating story on the Nadvigators Podcast – Nadvgating the American Dream Journey with Host Bassey Simon
He literally took that challenge to heart. Went home and cried a lot, and decided that he’s going to “Take the challenge as an opportunity to learn and rediscover himself, and he did.
Listen or Subscribe to The Nadvigators Podcast on
Resources Mentioned in Episode 06:
- Accent Reduction training is important – take time to learn to speak to be understood.
Major Take-Away from Episode 06:
- Talk to people to find out why they are involved in a certain profession. Each person idea of success is different, their Why’s may not be your why. Once you discover your why, its easy to decide what path will lead to that.
- Learn to listen to others
- Find out what makes you happy.
- Don’t be mediocre in any field that you choose.
- One reliable place to get great information is on the resources section of nadcast.com
Basim Digital Lab: Are you struggling with getting cold traffic to your website or landing page? What do you do with the 96% of your website visitors that do not contact you? Then do not stress about this, let the folks from Basim Digital handle these challenges for you. Basim Digital Lab specializes in using data to optimize your cold traffic campaign and retargeting every visitor that landed on your site for 90 days using a proven 10X retargeting strategy. Visit Nadcast.com/basim to start your one month trial today with a great 95% off coupon only available to NADCast audience.
Episode 06 Show Notes
To be successful in the new place. You have to unlearn a few things from your culture.
- Be on time. Time is money.
- Ability to follow instructions
- Ability to be fort right, do not embellish things. It will come back to haunt you, sooner or later
- Tell the truth.
- When a lady tells you No, it means no, not maybe
- The first job that you got is not the final destination, it’s the beginning.
To be successful in the new place. Few things you can gain from keeping some of the things from your culture.
- Teach your culture to your children, it helps them to feel a sense of pride and belonging in the midst of a multicultural and multi-racial environment
- Discrimination is something that everyone will experience. Don’t go around looking for it.
How to Connect with Dr. Nsima Usen
Website: Family Foot and Ankle Specialists
Email: Dr. Nsima Usen (professional and mentoring inquiries please, mention – you heard him on The Nadvigators Podcast)