e05: Take the challenge you receive along your nadvigating journey as an opportunity to learn and rediscover yourself, with Dr. Nsima Usen
Dr. Nsima Usen was told by a doctor, 22 years ago, while he was trying to do his landscaping job, that he is not allowed to enter the physician’s lounge of a suburban Washington DC hospital because “he is not a Doctor”.
This is his Story of how that challenge propelled him to become a Podiatry Foot & Ankle Surgeon. Dr. Nsima Usen shares for the first time his Nadvigating story on the Nadvigators Podcast – Nadvgating the American Dream Journey with Host Bassey Simon
He literally took that challenge to heart. Went home and cried a lot, and decided that he’s going to “Take the challenge as an opportunity to learn and rediscover himself, and he did.
Listen or Subscribe to The Nadvigators Podcast on
Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
- Accent Reduction training is important – take time to learn to speak to be understood.
Major Take-Away from This Episode:
- Don’t be frustrated when you are challenged for any reason
- Take the challenge you receive as an opportunity to learn and rediscover yourself.
- Ask questions, and get clarity and trust that there is goodness in everyone.
- make effort to understand the social culture of Americans and your life will be made easier
- One reliable place to get great information is on the resources section of nadcast.com
Basim Digital Lab: Are you struggling with getting cold traffic to your website or landing page? What do you do with the 96% of your website visitors that do not contact you? Then do not stress about this, let the folks from Basim Digital handle these challenges for you. Basim Digital Lab specializes in using data to optimize your cold traffic campaign and retargeting every visitor that landed on your site for 90 days using a proven 10X retargeting strategy. Visit Nadcast.com/basim to start your one month trial today with a great 95% off coupon only available to NADCast audience.
This Episode Show Notes
To be successful in the new place. You have to unlearn a few things from your culture.
- Create and find your network of friends
- Learn to follow instructions whether at work or related to the system
- Do things in a legal way
- The first job that you get is not the final destination, it’s the beginning.
To be successful in the new place. Few things you can gain from keeping some of the things from your culture.
- Teach your culture to your children, it helps them to feel a sense of pride and belonging in the midst of a multicultural and multi-racial environment
- Discrimination is something that everyone will experience. Don’t go around looking for it.
How to Connect with Dr. Nsima Usen
- Website: Family Foot and Ankle Specialists
- Email: Dr. Nsima Usen (professional and mentoring inquiries please, mention – you heard him on The Nadvigators Podcast)
- Facebook: @nsima.usen